AS THOSE WHO REFUSE TO SEE
There is a well known, but little understood event cherished by the religious world that honors an ancient pagan goddess. After the deadness of a cold and dreary winter, people welcomed the new life sprouting forth in the spring, which was attributed, of course, to the goddess of spring. Therefore, about the time of the spring equinox, the populace would gather at dawn and give honor to this goddess of new life, fertility and open sexuality. She was represented by a variety of symbols, idols and statues; and since spring abounded with new life, it seemed logical to also include the egg as a source of life and the hare as a symbol of abundant reproduction.
The extremes to which her devotees sank were limited only by the depth of depravity of that particular society. It typically could range from various forms of temple prostitution (male, female and children) to the extreme of sacrificing their first born.
Israel became so infested with the worship of this goddess that God finally withdrew His protection and eventually divided her into two separate kingdoms; Israel, the northern tribes, and Judah (Jews) the southern tribes (Jgs. 2:13, I Kgs.11:33).
Even today the religious world continues to honor this goddess with a variety of rituals, but with somewhat greater restraints than those practiced in times past. Wearing a mask of respectability she has so confused the world that many now give honor to a pagan sex goddess of fertility while thinking they are honoring Christ.
A Foundation of Sand
The foundations of this goddess are built on the premise that Jesus was crucified on Friday and resurrected at sunrise on Sunday morning which is demonstrably false.
1. We are led to believe that Mary was present when Jesus rose. She was not! She arrived while it was yet dark and the tomb was empty. Christ had already risen before the sun rose (John 20:1).
2. We are led to believe that Mark 16:9 says that Jesus rose Sunday morning. It does not! It says he was (had) risen, not rising. Remember too, that punctuation was not applied to the scriptures until sometime in the 14th century; before that there was no punctuation. Naturally the translators placed punctuation marks according to the understanding of the times, which was heavily influenced by hundreds of years of tradition. However, by placing the comma after “risen” instead of after “Mary Magdalene” it now fits the perfect tense, as it was originally written.
3. We are led to believe that Jesus died late Friday and rose at dawn Sunday. He did not! According to the then current law no one could be declared legally dead until after the third day. Wouldn’t the Jews have simply pointed out that Jesus was not actually dead since he was not in the grave for three whole days?
4. Jesus Himself claimed that if He was not in the grave for three days and three nights then He was not who He said He was (Matt. 12:40). Couldn’t we extrapolate then, that if someone claimed to be representing Christ but did not fulfill the only sign given by Jesus, then he is an imposter? Haven’t we been forewarned of false Christs claiming to be Christ or representatives of Christ, by Jesus Himself (Matt. 24:24-25)?
5. We are led to believe that Jesus died on Friday because “…that day was the preparation, and the Sabbath drew on” (Luke 23:54). So, wasn’t the next day Saturday? It was not! The next day was an annual Sabbath that could fall on most any day of the week. That Sabbath was the First Day of Unleavened bread, an annual Sabbath that always immediately follows the Passover (Lev. 23:5-7).
6. Mark says the women bought spices after the Sabbath (Mark 16:1), but Luke says they prepared spices then observed the Sabbath (Luke 23:56). Rather difficult to explain unless you understand that there were two Sabbaths that week – one a weekly, the other an annual, and the annual Sabbath fell on a Thursday that year.
The Subterfuge Exposed
Hiding behind a cloak of Christianity, she masquerades as the savior of mankind by supposedly rising from the dead on Easter Sunday morning, a day that historically has been dedicated to the sun god and called the lord’s day. Throughout history and in different societies this goddess was known variously as Eostre, Eostur, Ishtar, Astarte, Ashtoreth, etc. but regardless of how she was known, continued worship of her eventually led to debauchery and loss of moral discernment. Thus we have Lent, Easter, the Easter bunny, Easter eggs, and sunrise services on the day of the sun god. Drawing back the curtain we are able to expose the wizard for who he is, the arch deceiver of all mankind, Satan! (Rev. 12:9).
With a little research anyone can prove how the observance of Easter attempts to replace the most important and significant event in the history of mankind. From your own Bible you can expose Easter as a lie and an abomination that distorts and confuses God’s Passover. But one must have a love for the truth for, “…the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23-24).
Consider the warning in II Thessalonians. 2:8-12: 8 “And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.” For a more detailed tour of this subject from your own Bible ask for the free study guide; THE DAY JESUS, THE CHRIST OF GOD DIED, also THE EASTER DILEMMA, a death/resurrection tracking guide.
Why All the Fuss?
But what’s wrong with setting aside a day to honor the resurrection of Jesus? After all it’s been Christianized, who cares if it happens to fall on an old pagan holiday? GOD DOES!! 30“Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, (pagan rituals) after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? Even so will I do likewise. 31Thou shall not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hates, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. (Isn’t God talking about the same false god, who is even now known by the same name? What about sacrificing the unborn on the altar of convenience and burning their remains in hospital incinerators?) 32What thing so-ever I command you, observe to do it: thou shall not add thereto, nor diminish from it” (Deut. 12:30-32). Read Ezekiel chapter 8 for a description of Easter rites observed in ancient Israel. Heed Jesus’ comment on man’s chosen ways of worship: “Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men” (Mark 7:7).
What Is Easter Hiding?
Easter venerates a false Christ, is a satanic lie, an abomination to God, and it’s very easy to prove. But, more important than proving the falsity of Easter is uncovering what it is hiding. God set in motion a sequence of calendar events from the very beginning and called them His appointed times. They are referenced in many places throughout the Bible and disclose His long range plan for the redemption of all things. They are revealed to us in their sequence in Leviticus 23. The most important of these is what Easter attempts to cover up, as all of God’s appointed times are tied and timed to this day and its occurrence exactly as prophesied. Without that particular day there is no salvation, no forgiveness of sins and no resurrection, for that is the day Jesus, the Lamb of God, was sacrificed on our behalf, the 14th day of Nisan — PASSOVER! Which was first prophesized in Genesis 3:15, set as a commanded observance in Leviticus 23:5, and fulfilled in Matthew 27:50 the defeat of Satan. Satan will do anything in his power to keep us from correctly observing that day.
Jesus instructed His followers how to observe the New Covenant Passover with the bread, wine and foot washing on the eve of His crucifixion (Matt. 26:26-28, Jn. 13:3-15, 1Cor. 11:23-26). It was done in remembrance of Jesus, not Easter. Further he told them that He would partake of it with them in the Kingdom; thus proving the perpetuity of the Passover as an eternal covenant; whereas Easter will not even be remembered in God’s coming kingdom. Why trade the reality of the Passover for the illusion of Easter?
Who Changed It?
Constantine could be considered the main player in this charade, but he is certainly not alone. He pressured the council of Nicea to move the Passover from the 14th of Nisan to the first Sunday after the vernal equinox, thus loosening it from its mooring. It didn’t take long after that to abandon the name Passover for Easter. What was originally a memorial of Christ’s death has now been accepted into Christianity as a memorial to the resurrection of the false god Easter. It’s a brazen attempt to meld paganism into Christianity, which God considers vain worship and an abomination (Matt. 15:9).
Although calling Himself a Christian, Constantine continued to worship the sun god of Mithraism, who, incidentally, was supposedly martyred on Friday and resurrected on Easter morning.
Victor of Rome (before they were called Popes) excommunicated elder Polycrates for continuing to observe the New Testament Passover exactly as Paul explained to the Corinthians (1Cor. 11:23-25) on the 14th of Nisan. Later he was burned at the stake. The Passover is not to be observed daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever you decide, but on the day appointed by God, the 14th of Nisan (Abib). Otherwise, it is not God’s Passover. Ask for the free study guide THE LORD’S PASSOVER.
The lie that is Easter has hidden and attempted to replace the very purpose of Christ’s coming by substituting a false crucifixion, a false resurrection, and a false god in place of the truth of God. It is the wrong time, the wrong date, the wrong message and the wrong god. You cannot worship a God of truth with religious lies! “…Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues” (Rev. 18:4).
None-the-less, there will always be those so blind they refuse to see”!
Very comprehensive article! I have shared it.
Several histories affirm the truth of this article. An excellent concise read. Christians everywhere should be aware of the deceptions of organized religions!